MENU
Filed under Trending

This is a Review of Elephante’s New Album

Get ready for some tracks that'll make you stomp your feet.

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

The ‘e’ at the end of Elephante is no typo. “I Am The Elephante” by Elephante (I know, the naming is absolutely genius) is an amazing album overfilling with a type of music called “progressive house” music. Progressive house music is basically a form of electronic dance music. The DJ behind this amazing mix is named Tim Wu, but he’s better known by his stage name; Elephante. On his latest album he has a total of nine songs and I could easily talk about all of them, but due to the fact that I+ a) don’t want to waste your time and b) only have a certain amount of space for this article, I will only be covering about five of these amazing tracks.
Our first song is called “Hold” featuring Jessica Jarrell. A quality mix of neo-soul and pop; this song will literally have you dancing up a storm. With a catchy techno beat and just the right amount of repetition, this song will keep you smiling for the camera (it’s a line from the song, you should listen to it so that then you can understand my witty play on words).
Next up is “Sirens” featuring Nevve; Elephante collaborates with many different artists to complete his vibrant albums. If I had to choose my top two songs from this album, this song would for sure make it to second place. The song opens with a subtle base drum crescendo until you can almost feel the beat inside of you. With this interesting start to the song, you don’t expect the beat to drop later in the song – but drop it does. This song has a catchy, bust-out-your best-dance-moves vibe that will make you want to listen to it on replay.
“Closer” featuring Bishop is yet another one of Elephante’s masterpieces. This song has his classic techno beat but has its own special twist- this song has more of a ballad-sound. The song seems rather downcast at first, but then, suddenly, everything changes. A dance beat starts in the back and then proceeds to grow until you have a melody that makes you want clap your hands.
The song “Catching On” featuring Nevve (Nevve and Elephante make a phenomenal duo so I completely understand – not to mention, appreciate – the fact that they collaborate more than once on this album) is up next on our agenda. This song features a sound that sounds slightly similar to a marimba but without the island feel. He uses vocals a lot more in this song compared to nearly every other one on the album.
Now comes my favorite song from this entire album: “Dynasty” by Elephante alone, makes me want to get up and dance in the middle of whatever class I’m in. This song has vocals that are smooth as silk and a beat that keeps you tapping your foot. Everyone has songs that they love so much that they subtly advertise it to their friends in the hopes that you can one day both jam out to the same song. As of right now, this song is my subtly advertisement. You can listen to this song time after time and never get sick of the amazing sounds, not to mention the name of the song, which I think is pretty cool.
As I write this article, I am listening to the album and it still gives me chills when the drums from “Sirens” start to play, or the vocals from “Dynasty” can be heard through my headphones. In all honesty, if you get nothing else from this novel of an album review, please get this: this album is phenomenal. I’m not even a huge fan of techno or electronic songs but these have all but stolen my heart. I strongly suggest that the next time one of your teachers says that you can listen to music; you pull this album up on iTunes, Spotify, heck, even Youtube, and begin to jam out to the amazing works of Elephante.