MENU
Filed under Student Life

Starlight Express

This year’s musical, Starlight Express, directly follows the theater company’s current motto: “no fear, no boundaries, take risks”. The musical is performed entirely on roller blades, proving a new and exciting challenge for the drama students. Choosing Starlight Express was “something new and interesting to try, especially because of this year’s theme” says senior Leanne Rubinstein, who earned the female lead.

Over the summer, these students were extremely dedicated to making this performance a success, and spent a lot of their time working on roller blading stunts. Although the entire cast spent countless hours perfecting their roller blading routine, there was a last minute hiccup before the musical. Junior Madelyn Wible broke her ankle while warming up just six minutes before the middle school matinee was supposed to start. Unfortunately, Wible was unable to perform in the following shows, and everyone had to be on top of their game to compensate for a missing character on such short notice.

Despite the many challenging aspects of this musical, Starlight Express was a success. The actors presented characters as colorful as their costumes, creating a very exciting performance for the entire audience.

website-pic website greaseball-and-electra website-again website1 website-crying