MENU
Filed under Sports

Wrestling Weight

Wrestlers need to have healthy diets to stay within their weight class to wrestler in tournaments. The wrestlers have to eat food items before the tournaments to make their weight class or lose weight to get into their correct weight classes as Garrett Marchetti says “the night before a tournament if I’m close to the weight I eat enough just to have energy for the tournament if not I eat spaghetti.” The wrestlers have to have a certain weight; they need to be under or on the weight to wrestle in that tournament. The easiest weight to lose is water weight as Garrett Marchetti says “Well Loudon makes us lose a lot during practice of just water weight.” During the season the wrestlers to have a balanced diet in every food group, like proteins, fats, dairy, veggies, and fruits, in order to stay fit for the season. The wrestlers not only have great dieting habits they also must have great exercise as well as to stay healthy and they are fit to wrestle their opponents during a tournament. The wrestlers need to have more calories than they are used to in order to go to practice and have enough energy to give it their all during practice and during tournaments. One of the hardest things to do in weight is to keep that weight without losing any or gaining any weight at any given point in the season like if they need to keep a certain weight in order to wrestler in a tournament the next week or day. It is important for wrestlers to monitor their weight in order to wrestle in their tournaments, “Loudon usually monitors, if I am over Loudon tells me to do a certain diet to gain weight or lose weight and that’s what I do,” said Garrett Marchetti. Wrestler’s weight is one of the most important things in wrestling because it determines what weight class you wrestle in. The weight class that you wrestle in determines what people you will wrestle in, someone that you can be more experienced then you can beat you or someone less experienced can wrestle you and you can win easily. In wrestling you need to balance everything that you do has a positive and a negative effect on the wrestler and his weight during the season and while the wrestler is in practice or isn’t in practice. During the season and off the wrestlers must eat a sufficient enough calories as Garrett Marchetti says “Roughly 7000 calories I think maybe.” Wrestlers have to maintain their weight all throughout the season to wrestle in tournaments at the right weight class to have a fun time and wrestle other people with the same weight. The diets the wrestlers need to eat and go on in order to keep in the weight class that they are wrestling in. What you eat during the wrestling season does matter for each food item there is a positive and a negative as Garret Marchetti says “I personally don’t really regulate what I eat I just eat whatever and whatever weight class I’m closest to is what I’m at. If I’m ever over what I usually do is eat both salad and water for the day and that’s how I maintain weight.”