MENU
Filed under Student Life

Mr. Palmer Ridge

Student Council really put on a showing stopping performance and of course the boys also did amazing. There were a variety of talents and food contests. From Steven’s amazing roller skating, lip-syncing, and dancing to Drake’s calming music while eating a bowl of noodles. The crowd was amused and the boys looked like they really did want to show people what they could do. As each person went on stage there were stars in their eyes and a smile on their face. The majority of the people were either seniors or the boys’ families and there looked to be about one hundred attendants.

The first up was Blake Webster, who did weight lifting and showed of his muscles and his style choices. He wore a gray shirt that was tucked in red shorts that said hot buns and sweatbands. Then it was Steven Panoncillo, who was the first to get a standing ovation from a not-so-stiff crowd; you could say that he was the icebreaker. While he was dancing; his friend’s cheers reached every corner of the auditorium and it was amazing. Limits were tested when Drew Lester made a grilled cheese sandwich in front a lot of hungry people. He also told the audience history of how bread and the idea if grilled cheese came to be. Nick Craig put on a dance routine that we can all find familiar, Napoleon Dynamite. He wore the same “VOTE FOR PEDRO” shirt, he wore an orange curly wig and had the big, iconic glasses, you could say that he was a reflection of Napoleon Dynamite. Then came Trevon Terilizzi in a red wagon with Nick pulling him along. Since you can’t put on a show without some country he made sure to bring in that element and towards the end of his performance he revealed a shirt that showed a lot of muscle definition. Then the most calming performance of the night was Drake Willson sitting in a chair, listening to piano music and eating noodles. No one saw it coming – not even the hosts or any of the other performers. The last two performers were a team rapping two different Dr. Suess books. Mason Cresap and Matt Swayne showed everyone how well they could rap and do it with something that really resides in us all. The performances were over and it was time to collect money and choose a winner.

Each young man held a bucket with their face on it and that was how they would find the crowd’s favorite. They all walked around, waiting for generous donations for a good cause – to make Braden’s wish to become a cowboy come true. Once time was up Student Council collected the buckets  and counted the money in each bucket. That process took a while and the audience started to get anxious. When that was over; everyone was waiting patiently for the results, and the boys looked like they were about to break into a cold sweat or something. Drake LAST NAME, Steven LAST and Matt Swayne were called to step up for being the top three performers. Those who were left their trophies with pride, grace and of course one huge smile on their faces. There were still awards to give and the last three looked like they were ready for anything. The first to be called was Matt Swayne with a third place win, rapping up his performance. The tension was high and it was either win it or be one short of the big leagues, but no one would be displeased with whoever they chose. Was it Drake eating his noodles with soothing music or Steven with his skating, dancing and lip-syncing performance. The clock seemed to have stopped and then sped up when the winner was announced. First place went to Steven LAST NAME and second place went to Drake LAST NAME.

All of the guys were happy with their award and then the biggest announcement of the night, the amount of money raised for Braden. All together there was a total of $1,050 raised for a sweet boy with an amazing personality and a wish that could now be granted. The school of Palmer Ridge acted as a genie granting his wish, except for there was no magical lamp. This show was an amazing show piece of what student council can do and the talent of young men. If you didn’t attend, you missed out on something so spectacular that there were no dull moments. Even down to NAME who told the history of grilled cheese and didn’t even eat it. This was truly outstanding and everyone is excited to see next year.