The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the (Bear) Truth

The Bear Truth

Donald Trump Calls Out NFL Teams

The Ravens also had a sign of protest by kneeling during the National Anthem with the Jaguars.

Photo by Courtesy of

Photo by Courtesy of

By Elijah Montano, Athletics Co-Editor

Last Friday, Donald Trump called out NFL teams for letting players take a knee during the national anthem. Donald Trump says “when someone disrespects our flag, get that son of a b**** off the field, he is fired,” during a campaign rally for Senator Luther Strange. This has a lot of NFL fans upset at Donald Trump, arguing that it was disrespectful to the players protesting on behalf of a national problem because he called the players ” a son a b****”. Some of the NFL teams are not ignoring his remarks and taking a knee or locking arms together as a sign of protest, including the Ravens and the Jaguars last week in London. Some of the teams, such as the Pittsburg Steelers, are staying in the locker room during the National Anthem as a sign of protest. Because of the players’ actions, some fans are boycotting the games. Donald Trump commented, “Some owner is going to say get that guy off the field, he is fired… they will be the most popular person for a week,” clearly stating his view that employers have the right to fire those who challenge those principles of the American creed.

Photos from the CNN Webpage.

McLaughlin, Eliott C. “Jaguars, Ravens kneel during anthem as NFL Sunday kicks off.” CNN, Cable News Network, 24 Sept. 2017, www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/us/nfl-trump-take-knee-protests/index.html. Accessed 25 Sept. 2017.